You awoke in the inn and were informed that the roads were washed out, so you could not continue north. You were offered free food in exchange for help in dealing with various repairs necessary around the townstead.
1) You went to the cranberry bog where Father Denethan was lining up the bodies that had washed up during the storm. Jaiman (farm owner) had been hit by something during the storm and had a nasty greenish black bruise that was oozing on his arm.
2) You continued to the Isendale estate where you met with Eural Dunaman, town council leader, and Haiman Gaith, town militia leader. They informed you that something had attacked the house’s outer gate during the night storm. The maid, Loriann, described the night as “Just like the one when the Isendale’s were abducted”. She told you that Lord Sethellen had donned his black dragon armor and told her to go ring the alarm bell; when she returned, the Sethellens were gone. Dunaman blamed lizard folk for the attack, or the swamp witch (though he could not say why she was bad, nor give any evidence to her actual existence).
3) You follow the tracks of the creature into the swamp. Shortly after entering the swamp, you came across a dead body lying at the base of a tree. It was a lizardfolk youth that had been quite nastily beaten to death. You also came across 2 living lizardfolk, 1 of which you killed, the other you let go. Further wanderings brought you under attack by a group of 6 monstrous crabs. You ate well that night!
4) Finally, you came across a large stone with a cave entrance, and a circle of small stones out front. An assassin vine caused a good deal of panic by nearly taking out a party member. After killing the vine, you spoke with Irewyn (Isendale) and learned that she and her husband had been dragged from their home, taken to the swamp, their throats had been slit and they’d been left for dead. Mention of her previous life sent Irewyn into a crazy-ness, but she did recover and finally give you some useful information. She told you the mummy was her husband, raised from the dead.
5) You continued south across the swamp until you came to the sunken entrance of the Old City ruins; the sign above the doorway proclaimed it “Bearden’s Hollow Town Hall”. There were mummy tracks heading in to the building. The floor was muddy, and dripping water had rotted much of the floor on the down slant. You all carefully went through a hole in the floor, caused by _________’s fall through the planks.
6) You lowered down into a large room with some more bodies floating around it and three doors leading off. The first door held mostly rusted weaponry. The second door held two dire weasels, which you dispensed. The last door went to a hallway, with the far end blocked by a mudslide. One side hall was also blocked. The opposite hallway went to several other store rooms. They mostly held moldy old blankets, tattered clothing, ruined food, etc. One room held a brown mold that you had to kill off, and another room held several barrels of oil.
7) You climbed back up and managed to make it around the rest of the rotten floor and into the upper hallway. The hallway was full of mud, making movement VERY difficult and slow. You heard the tell-tale sound of giant insects crawling around. Upon turning the corner, you found yourself facing 2 scorpions (apparently very lost, sorry!) After a good bit of work, you managed to defeat them.
8) You went back out, to some nearby dry land, to sleep. During last watch, you heard the sound of the water in the swamp, as if something were slowly wading through it. Nothing ever came near you though.
9) You went back into the ruins and found a secret door with some treasure, and a library where it became obvious the mummy had been sleeping there. You also found some books that would help identify the bodies that had washed up in the storm.
10) Leaving the ruins, you tracked the mummy on the “trail” back to the town. Unfortunately, Graven was hit by the mummy and suffered a case of mummy-rot. When you finally re-killed the mummy, you noticed it was wearing part of the black-dragon armor that Sethellen was supposed to have been wearing the night he dissappeared.
11) You took the armor and books back to the priest as proof of what you’d found. You were attacked by Gaith and 3 of his mercenary followers. Dunamen came out at the end, apparently quite distraught and confused. (I honestly can’t remember if you killed him, or just stunned him and left him with the priest). Gaith and his men were killed and the priest cured the mommy-rot.